I. Am. So. Exhausted.
And I feel so guilty for feeling exhausted because I knew that parenting would be exhausting. So, I remind myself that I have a healthy child that I love unconditionally. Sleeping or not.
But, still, I sometimes hope that my beautiful child will gift herself a relaxing bedtime or maybe a few hours sleep.
It's a vicious exhausted-guilty-anxious cycle, and I think that there's only one way out - sleep training - but what I know of sleep training doesn't make me feel good, makes me question my ability to parent, and makes me feel guilt-ridden for even considering it.
I *know* that the family life I want for my children is about wholehearted trust, love, and support... not force or punishment.
Sound familiar? Then we are your parenting village.
We believe in your intuition, and we know that you can follow it while inviting sleep.
Family relationships and emotional connection helps children of all ages feel relaxed and connected at bedtime. This is what The Sleeping Child focusses on. We give you the support and listening you need to peacefully and respectfully encourage your child's sleep as he matures.
If you ever feel any of the following, you will benefit from enrolling in Parenting for Sleep:
- you are exhausted, but are overwhelmed by or don't believe in sleep training (please see our blog to learn how we feel about traditional sleep training)
- you sometimes get frustrated with or confused by your child's sleep behaviors
- you have wavering confidence in navigating your and your child's emotions around sleep
- you struggle to wholly trust your parenting instinct when it comes to your child's sleep
- you feel a disconnect between the parent you are and the parent you know you are
- you want to feel hopeful, postive, or peaceful about bedtimes again
- you know there is more to parenting than the status quo