I. Am. So. Exhausted.
And I feel so guilty for feeling exhausted because I knew that parenting would be exhausting. So, I remind myself that I have a healthy child that I love unconditionally. Sleeping or not.
But, still, I sometimes hope that my beautiful child will gift herself a relaxing bedtime or maybe a few hours sleep.
It's a vicious exhausted-guilty-anxious cycle, and I think that there's only one way out - sleep training - but what I know of sleep training doesn't make me feel good, makes me question my parenting instincts, and leaves me confused.
I *know* that the family life I want for my children is about wholehearted trust, love, and support... not force.
Sound familiar? Then we are your parenting community.
We believe in your intuition, and we know that you can follow it while helping your child sleep.
"Kari was able to help me help my son sleep without using a 'cry it out' method. In his own time and at his own choosing, my co-sleeping little guy who had previously been up 5-7 times a night, was sleeping 11 hours in his crib. I felt empowered and Kari was available when I needed encouragement or a sounding board. I highly recommend this approach!"
Family relationships and emotional connection help children of all ages feel relaxed and connected at bedtime. This is what The Sleeping Child focusses on. We give you the support you need to peacefully and respectfully encourage your child to confidently sleep.
If you ever feel any of the following, you will feel at home with us:
- you are exhausted, but are overwhelmed by or don't believe in sleep training (please see our blog to learn how we feel about traditional sleep training)
- you sometimes get frustrated with or confused by your child's sleep behaviors
- you have wavering confidence in navigating your and your child's emotions around sleep
- you want to feel hopeful, positive, or peaceful about bedtimes again
- you know there is more to parenting than the status quo
A DISCOVERY CALL IS YOUR FIRST STEP
The one thing we guarantee is that you will have hope after our call. We listen to your story and you experience the support, love and respect for family growth that makes The Sleeping Child unique.